Thread: Highs and Lows
View Single Post
(#20)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-07-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
I don't use apathy to mean failure to act or failure to care about acting, but rather not getting excited about stuff, not wanting to vehemently discuss things, not getting lost in flow. I think this is the standard usage. Not doing stuff is different. Someone can be very passionate about a lot of things, but not necessarily take many actions in life. I don't think that is properly called apathy, may just be my usage though.
I don't use apathy to describe a lack of motivation, I use it to describe the feeling of it not mattering.

Quote:

... and addiction to weed is like addiction to carrots. Ridiculous.
That's a bold statement, I'd agree that there is no chemical addiction to cannabis, but there can be a very strong psychological addiction. Look at crack (never touched it myself) but that is a pure psychological addiction. I can cite numerous other examples.

Quote:
Addiction to the feeling of being upset is a reality for a serious number of people. Being upset isn't addictive, those people have problems.
Addictions generally come down to underlying psychological problems, people search for a state where they feel happy, and whatever they are addictied to helps them to reach this state. Look at gambling addictions, nothing is actually consumed, it is a pure addiction to chemicals released by the brain upon specific stimulation.

I'd like to note here that I've talked about having a problem with weed, this is something I'm moving away from, it's been about 2 weeks since I've had a spliff. This has only been possible because I've moved into a more positive mental state, where I don't need the good feelings that my sub-conscious associate with weed. Win!
The Following User Says Thank You to Giant For This Useful Post:
Knave (28-07-2011)