View Single Post
(#22)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 01-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Well there are other things we can't not be, animal things. He is an animal too, none of us are above that. We sweat and shit and bleed and cry and die and anyone who seems like they have got it in control is repressing a lot of stuff. I don't think the ultimate human is blankly logical and emotionally stable (that makes me feel queasy), the ultimate human is animal too.
I think this is getting waaay out there now. Nobody is suggesting Doctor Who like Cybermen and nobody is acting like one.

Just because a person is humble in the face of something that would generally upset many does not mean he is unemotional. You want emotional motivation behind being that way? How about pride versus shame? I want to be the best I can possibly be, I understand that various things that would allow me to achieve that contradict each other, such as destroying the ego under the pretences of being better. I however recognise that there is a healthy balance, healthy narcissism versus the unhealthy.

Just because a man isn't raging or seeming upset at a loss does not mean he is repressing things. Instead of raging at a loss he could simply love the quality of such a challenging game. He might simply love competition, I know I do and I know I'll say "fair play" and not act like a baby upon losing something. Nobody is suggesting a person should become unemotional, merely that they should learn to control and understand their emotions so that they might become a better person out of that control. You would not suggest that a person with anger management issues stay the way he is, you would suggest he learn to control and become indifferent to the silly things that bother him. Same principle, higher level.

Don't become unemotional, merely lose the emotion for the things that don't matter and focus on the things that do.
The Following User Says Thank You to RLAJay For This Useful Post: