View Single Post
(#11)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 13-06-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk View Post
Gona go to one tomorrow. How is going on your own tho?
Self-Conscious?

Going to a class on your own is no biggie. However, *if* you are very self-conscious about starting dancing, then have some alcohol before visiting the salsa club.

In time, from dancing well, you will become less self-conscious and a better dancer (clearly these areas are directly linked), and you won't need any alcohol at all. Smile, relax, enjoy it. When you mess up, just smile!

At an extreme: one time when I started, I was so shit at one of the particular moves that the instructor got off the stage, stopped everything, and chose me for the step 1, step 2,..., step N demo -- in front of about thirty people -- and I was wanting to hide! That's atypical BTW.

Salsa Beginner's Class: What to expect?

• Beginners classes are, for example, around thirty people all repeating the same moves after they have been shown on-stage by the tutor.
  • Initially, the absolute salsa beginners class, is NOT dancing with a partner! Sounds mad, but there is method in the madness:
    • it's about getting the steps right
    • it's about getting the timing with the music/dance rythm right
  • Subsequent classes will involve you dancing with partner and learning the turns, more steps and other moves.
  • Women will ALWAYS outnumber men, turn up without a bird (or take a date with you). Getting a women there to dance is not biggie, women are there to dance and want to dance with you! Good luck.
I hope this helps.

The Way of The Rebus

Last edited by Rebus; 13-06-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: video