View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Lightbulb Salsa! You Should Try Salsa Dancing - 13-06-2011, 02:03 AM

Why Salsa?
  • escalate familiarity and sexual tension via kino, esp. bodies pressed tightly together at times
  • escalate sexual tension via holding strong eye contact, with your faces close to one another
  • demonstrate that YOU ARE THE MAN --- you lead her. The man leads the dance, is in control, is confident, is sexually dominant.
  • it's sociable and a female-friendly activity. Generally, women LIKE dancing.

Do you look like a twat by dancing salsa in regular bars and nightclubs?

Q. If you are not at a dedicated salsa dance club, yet doing salsa dancing at the nightclub/club/street, do you look a bit stupid?

A. By definition, that's up to people's opinions. Only TWO opinions really matter:
  • your opinion (your confidence)
  • your dance partner's opinion
Opinion example -- SNL bird from end-January, very soon (c. 20 mins AFAIK) after I finished a salsa dance I left the nightclub with her for us to head directly to her place (it escalated to more of a a salsa-and-kiss dance then a body grope, but you get the idea). Salsa then sex (in my simplified crap analysis to backup my point above).

Additionally, unless I've been told that girl does salsa as hobby, then I don't do the (superfluous) with-the-beat-timing hip movements. Avoiding that makes the dance look more mainstream.

Avoid *packed* disco dancefloors

Salsa is not my choice on a packed dancefloor as you simply don't have enough space to properly express yourself, do the dance and avoid knocking total strangers in the face with your arm.

Latin American experts?

I am not a salsa "pro" by an means -- I have a range of salsa turns, foot movements, body movements and so on and it's enough for any of us lads to get by.

In contrast, Latin American hardcore dancers seen at salsa clubs put everyone to shame and conduct complex dances at breakneck speed. But that salsa dance expertise level ain't needed for pick-up!
  • As the average girl just wants a laugh on dancefloor, and as average guy has zero salsa skills, if you have just that bit more salsa then I find it adds to your pick-up toolkit -- to be used when appropriate.
  • It is also useful to occasionally use for a Day 2: take a bird to a salsa club

Take the first step [pun intended]! Salsa classes in your area!

Salsa lessons are often cheap and sometimes free. Here's search results for:Salsa newbies, just get along to your next beginner's lesson. Try it, then see if you like it!

Rebus

The Way of The Rebus

Last edited by Rebus; 13-06-2011 at 02:57 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebus For This Useful Post:
Craigus (13-06-2011), daleinthedark (13-06-2011), johnnyb (13-06-2011), markuk (13-06-2011), TallGuySlim (22-06-2011)