View Single Post
(#5)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 02-06-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxemillion View Post
If you want mortality in a nutshell watch the film 'Dead Man' with Johnny Depp. Watching it now and moping about life in general and how I'm going to probably die without my life ever being remotely how I wanted it to be. Stupid life. Its a privalege to understand the psychological and physiological workings of human life and a curse that the only way this happens is if you are more of an unwilling observer than an unthinking participant. Its a great film anyway.
I may be pouncing on a momentary grump of yours here Maxe, but in case not: snap out of it mate! I know exactly where you're coming from with the observer/participant thing. Exactly. It seems as if the world rewards ignorance, I've spent some time frequenting those kinds of corners of my mind in the past and it's not a good pattern. The thing about beliefs is that they require reinforcement to exist, so please stop reinforcing them. I don't know how to better say it, but least for me, when I lost the plot last year having been low for a while and started rebuilding, I was amazed at how far my perception had deviated from reality. It's not true, whatever you are telling yourself, it's not true. Things are a lot lighter and easier than you think if you just stop entertaining the beliefs...cos they are not real and without the re-inforcement things look different. Not easy but very satisfying. Chin up.

PS

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostScript For This Useful Post:
Maxemillion (02-06-2011)