View Single Post
(#14)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 01-06-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops147 View Post
you could spot that death cap a mile off thanks for the tips don't wanna kill myself
Yeah, some are rather more obscure though, I chose that image because it's pretty much the closest match in terms of shape while also showing the very clear differences in skin smoothness and structure. Some may be significantly more dogeared and there are variations in breed(or whatever that term is). As I said research things properly to get a wider idea of the variations.

Also, when out hunting for this kind of thing you inevitably come across thousands of other types of fungus and mushrooms out there. Many of which are in fact edible and very tasty, I was with a girl a few years back who's dad was a fungal expert (forgotten the term now) for the local green part of the council and he used to collect hundreds of different types in an hour trip outside his front door (they lived in country surroundings). They did need preparing though and not all were edible straight from the ground. It's actually quite cool stuff though and knowing what you can and can't eat is unarguably a useful skill should you ever find yourself in a pinch.
The Following User Says Thank You to RLAJay For This Useful Post:
chops147 (01-06-2011)