View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA
Bounce Back Champion

Default 30-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatlookinguy View Post
Do you feel these "improved areas" will help increase your core confidence by adding value to your life? Big muscles, a nice job, a nice red hot Ferrari... that kind of thing? So can core confidence not exist if one does not have these "externals" or is it just that it makes it easier to have them around to boost core confidence?

Which brings in dependency perhaps? If that job goes or fitness takes a dip, does your core confidence get affected?

Question then is.. if one cannot (or should not?) improve core confidence using a great job or a fancy car or a six pack of abs.. then how to do it?
Good question. Circumstances are different for each person, in my case there are personal goals that I am now working toward. I already have confidence, but know I would have even more confidence if I'm working towards something. Having made that decision, I already feel much better for it.

Goals are not static - if you lose your job, then your new goal might be to find another one. If your fitness takes a dip, then you might look at new ways of fixing that issue.

For some, getting that nice shiny sports car might be their goal; for others it isn't. Really depends on the type of person you are

'I've never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline.' - Vince Lombardi

'The secret of happiness is not discovered in the absence of trials, but in the midst of them' - Ted Nace