View Single Post
(#19)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 30-05-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
So, I know that I should start slow and build myself up to doing regular exercise for burning fat..
Yes to starting slow, but get your mind out of this fat only mindset, and into building your health. One is constructive, the other is destructive, both literally and figuratively. The fat is an effect of the entire organism's condition.

Quote:
But I'm still quite unsure on my original question. What is the best/fastest/easiest way to lose FAT?
This is your mind throwing up a narrow demand for perfection to stop you challenging your identity. Crack on, see above.

Quote:
Cardio, weights, or a combination.
It would be effective and sustainable to do the following. I would do stability and strength training Mon and Fri, and some sprint work with good rest periods on a Wednesday, then just go for a half hour walk on all the other days. I'd be stretching every day too, before bed is good. Get a decent PT to give you a programme to do on your own having analysed your individual strengths and weaknesses, but don't let him run you into the ground with lots of cardio which will just drain you and makes people quit and ultimately get fatter.

Quote:
If it is a combination, what routine is suggested? I don't care if I get bulky, or if I get skinnier, I'd like to do ABIT of weights anyway just to feel abit bulkier
In general you've got to get on with it now mate, start developing your own understanding of what works and does not work for you. Otherwise you'll get so much conflicting advice that it just gives your mind the procrastination it wants to keep you where you are. You're doing better with the nutrition it sounds, time to put intelligent exercise alongside it now.

PS

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"
The Following User Says Thank You to PostScript For This Useful Post: