View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA
Bounce Back Champion

Default No purpose + no intent = going nowhere - 30-05-2011, 01:27 AM

My game hasn't felt right for the last couple of weeks, and I think this is why.

The last 3 nights I have been out with greatlookingguy and another of his mates - both sound, will definitely be meeting up again in the future. But I'm finding my approaches becoming more erratic and inconsistent, I will drift into sets and chat without ever really identifying a target.

I have drawn the conclusion that even if I developed super-PUA ability overnight and could pull any girl I wanted, I would still feel unfulfilled. Why? Because other areas of my life still need improvement. And now I really understand what is meant by 'core confidence'.

Becoming good at your job, improving your physical well-being, taking up a hobby....these are things that have a goal, and therefore a sense of accomplishment when you reach that goal. If you start out just to 'get good at pulling girls' without improving at least one of those other aspects, then you are setting down the wrong path IMO.

In a way I'm glad that I've reached this stage, for a while I was in denial about it but eventually the truth must surface. So I plan to focus on non-PUA aspects of my life for a while, and just relax and have a good time when I am out rather than worry about approaching/not approaching, being in/out of my head, building comfort etc.

I can see the summit of the mountain, but also the dark forest in front and the long and winding path to the top. I'm sure many a person here has followed, or is following that path.

'I've never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline.' - Vince Lombardi

'The secret of happiness is not discovered in the absence of trials, but in the midst of them' - Ted Nace
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SmileyK For This Useful Post:
chops147 (30-05-2011), Darood (31-05-2011), Drum (30-05-2011), Example (31-05-2011), johnnyb (30-05-2011), kowalski (30-05-2011), legend (30-05-2011), markuk (30-05-2011), PostScript (30-05-2011), Rebus (30-05-2011), Snake Eyes (30-05-2011), UnarmedWalrus (30-05-2011)