View Single Post
(#13)
Old

Default 18-05-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostScript View Post
Lots of great advice, in particular this bit from K above. It can't just be that you need money or that you feel this or that, sounds like you've not been there long so, and I don't mean to be rude but, are you worth a pay rise yet? Have you shown initiative and if so, in what ways? Anyway, I think you're doing the right thing in thinking before you leap.

PS
Have to agree on this, as an example, a few years ago I got 2 pay rises in 18 months on my job at that time. But I had to convince my manager I was worth the money as I was bringing more revenue to the company than they were paying me, keep logs of major things I was doing and showing it to him on a regular basis, also showing a lot of initiative and being a good team player. Also I had to remind him quite often about the review talk. At the end of those 18 months I left the job, but ended up working again with that manager at a different company, where I had one pay rise in 1 year. Not so lucky now as in my current role didn't get a pay rise in the last 18 months. Also I almost never used the word pay rise in any of my talks, only review.

... My hovercraft is full of eels ...