View Single Post
(#26)
Old
MASTER PUA
Jason's Pong Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Breakout Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Default 15-05-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistleblower View Post
I see your problem. I'm sure you can overcome those issues, especially if these are true friends. Theoretically the people you are with should make no difference to your skill set, it's that core confidence that Tyler talks about. Easier said than done though, I know.

Out of interest, what are the friends in question like with women? I did a post on research into self-efficacy and one part of it talked about how comparing yourself to others ability, and then using that information to make judgments about your level of mastery has an effect on confidence.
Core confidence is where you need to be. I really related to this in Blueprint. I worked behind my student bar. I used to get numbers all the time there because I felt so confident and was the centre of attention. Then when I went out on the town with other people I would become a shrinking violet again. Also a lot of the numbers didn't go anywhere. I think because when I met them in a different environment I wasn't the confident guy they had met at the bar. Felt like that Denny's guy.

The friends in question are pretty good with women and yeah this probably does effect my game (especially as when I'm on form it usually involves me being funny and the centre of attention). One is very touchy feely friendly friendly and people always seem to like him (especially girls at the moment). Another comes across as quite arrogant and likes to push the boundries with sex talk. This can go either way, but he does well generally. The last one was a bit of a late bloomer, but does alright for himself now too (in a LTR at the mo). Well travelled and very interesting guy.

I think my issue is a combination of a couple of things. The first two are quite in your face and have cock blocked me in the past because of it and also I feel like I'm being judged the whole time I'm out with them (especially from the ones who know about the PUA thing).

I think next time I'm out with them I just need to be sociable and chatty with all until this isn't a problem any more.

Or maybe it is just as simple as we have gone in different directions and we're not as good a friends as we used to be so I just don't like hanging out with them purely because I don't like hanging out with them.