View Single Post
(#23)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 10-05-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
Yes you are right essentially, but the fact that it is in my head makes it real to me. Whenever I'm just feeling free and being myself, I never think that must be because I'm top of the pecking order (cos I'm not, I'm just being a fun guy with no stresses or hang-ups).

It's when I am feel trapped and self conscious that I go all introverted and do feel low in the pecking order (or rather un-alpha perhaps, never thought of it as pecking order before this thread).
I see your problem. I'm sure you can overcome those issues, especially if these are true friends. Theoretically the people you are with should make no difference to your skill set, it's that core confidence that Tyler talks about. Easier said than done though, I know.

Out of interest, what are the friends in question like with women? I did a post on research into self-efficacy and one part of it talked about how comparing yourself to others ability, and then using that information to make judgments about your level of mastery has an effect on confidence.

Whistleblower

'The race is long, and in the end, it is only with yourself'
The Following User Says Thank You to whistleblower For This Useful Post:
Snake Eyes (15-05-2011)