View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA
Jason's Pong Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Breakout Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Default Still in the same place...some help required! - 08-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
My main issue appears to be that sometimes I feel self conscious and become tongue tied, whereas other times I am completely confident. The psychology behind the difference remains a mystery to me and is an ongoing personal work in progress! Comments on this are welcome too!
Quote:
Third parties are also an issue. For example I am bad at chatting up girls when my close friends are around I've noticed (likewise I become tongue tied around clients at work when my bosses are there). I'm not sure if this is because I subconciously think they are judging me or if I am somehow intimidated by by friends?! Whatever it is I want to develop tehcniques to minimise these occurances.
The above is from my first ever post here and was one of the reasons I joined this site. This is still an issue for me and I really don't know what to do about it. I resent hanging out with my 3 closest friends because of it. In fact I would go so far as to say I now actively dislike hanging out with these friends and try to avoid doing so. It's really fucked up!

Let me tell you a bit about my Friday:

I met up with my 3 friends I mentioned. We went to Secret Cinema, which is a cool themed night where you dress up and do missions and things in a hidden venue in London. The theme is always a film and you watch the film at the end.

Anyway the moment I met my friends I felt lame and unsociable. It is getting worse and worse when I meet them as they know I am avoiding them and mentioned it several times.

The whole night I barely talked to anyone, which is unlike me. To make me feel worse 1 of my mates is being charming as hell to very bird he speaks to and they are all digging him, which made me very aware I wasn't.

It got to the point where I was talking to a girl (heaven forbid!). She wasn't all that to be honest, but at least I was being sociable and she was digging me. Then my mates came to join me and I just clammed up and stopped talking. I just felt unbelievably self-conscious! This continued throughout the night and I felt lame as hell.

The same thing happened in a clothes store recently when I opened a girl and was with 1 of these mates and just couldn't think of anything to say to the girl, because I was too self conscious around him.

Does anyone else get this?

I'm never going to be the genuine authentic person I want to be if my personality is changing around different people!

Anyway, these appear to be my options:

1) Stop hanging out with my friends - seems extreme and silly!

2) Do nothing and accept the fact I'm going to be lame around them.

3) Talk to my friends - they will probably find this odd.

4) I think I am scared of looking like I am crap with women around them. In fact it has got a lot worse since I told 2 of them about PUA. Perhaps if I just went out and got myself rejected in front of them and learnt its no big deal I would be fine!

5) Just man the fuck up and stop crying about a weird thing that doesn't exist - I do recognise this, but psychology is a weird thing and even if you're aware of something doesn't always mean you know how to fix it.

Bit of a strange one I know, but feel it's a real monkey on my back right now!