Thread: No Alcohol May!
View Single Post
(#25)
Old
MASTER PUA
Jason's Pong Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Breakout Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Default 02-05-2011, 05:51 PM

I've just completed a no alcohol, nicotine or caffeine April. I wanted to stop all 3 as I knew I'd become dependant on the the others if I didn't

Pros

1) I've saved loads of money. Compare Friday (no booze) to Saturday (booze from midnight onwards) this weekend. £10 v.s. £70

2) Learnt to be social without booze. Didn't need to wait until I'd had a couple of drinks....

3) Learnt that nights still seem to escalate even when not drinking to more fun and debaucherous. Is about the atmosphere of the evening as well as the booze.

3) Quit smoking.

4) Feel healthier - kind of! Caffeine quitting fucked up my gym work a bit though.

5) Had sober sex for first time in years!

6) Hangovers better - get more done. Still do get slight hangover after night out even without booze though due to late night and all the shouting.

7) Tried a lot of lemonade and tomato juice.

8) Learnt how reliant people are on booze - is a bit sad.

Cons

1) Bit boring init.

2) Still felt too reserved on nights out sometimes.

3) People view it as weird. It is a bit.

4) Feel on a slightly different level to others on night out.

5) Fucking knackered at work (no caffeine!!)

6) Have acted a bit simple (think this is no caffeine too)

7) Messed up my sleeping pattern initially (withdrawel?). Kept on waking up at 5 in the morning for some reason. However, later on think my sleeping got better so this is pro as well really.

8) Took up other vices instead such as PUA Forum Arcade games and petty theft.

Overall was a good experience. Would do again, probably minus the caffeine bit next time, but for now - roll on Summer baby. I'm gonna get smashed!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snake Eyes For This Useful Post:
Jaz (02-05-2011), Status (03-05-2011)