View Single Post
(#4)
Old

Default 30-04-2011, 09:34 PM

Thanks guys. I admit I am pretty awkward in myself when I saw things, and probably look at the ground a lot, that sort of things. Useful post RLAJay, I'll look into those things, as I have no idea about any of them.

I might try your idea monkeybuster, definitely sounds better than pretending to get their opinion, or trying to "work around" to a normal conversation. I guess it's showing my confidence if I just talk to them without a reason. I'll try that tomorrow and see how I get on, but in the meantime, I'll check up on other body language/tone of voice things.

As a question though, I can imagine the conversation going:

Me: "Excuse me, I just saw you from over there and I thought you looked really nice, and I just had to come and say hello..."
Her: "Thanks."
Me (now struggling): "So, you live around here. I've just moved to the area and not seen you around before."
Her: "Yeah, just down the road."
Me: "Umm, that's cool."
Her: "Just in a rush at the moment though, so nice meeting you." (walks off).

I need to develop a natural way of not letting the conversation go stale really quickly, and having a few "lines" to keep it going long enough to eventually move it towards a number close.

If you have any advice, or things I can read up on to help me with this, I'd be very grateful.