(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 17-04-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
i was told today

put a tread mill on ful incline full speed and do it for 1 min

rest 1 min and do it 10 times, then stop... once u go past a certain point the cardio wastes the hard earned muscle.

quick impact cardio raises ur metabolic rate, peep ment to be gettin sick results
Yeah it doesn't stress the adrenal glands so much, but you get huge benefits. Just compare a sprinter's body to a long distance runner's. I do it outside tho so I don't have to bugger about with the machine settings. I only do 15 secs sprint (full out), 30 secs jog, repeat times 10. Plus a 5 min warm up jog and 5 min warm down jog either side of strength training, and I go for a 1 hour walk and listen to audio books on my rest days. The model of extensive cardio is under debate these days, personally I don't like too much of it. You can do metabolic stuff too, such as jumping onto something sturdy that's about 1m high (maybe a bit less), go from a semi squat, swing your arms and fling yourself up, landing "quietly" (get's the ankle hinge and bum working properly), do the reverse to get back down with the same characteristics to the original start position. Repeat 20 times. Brutal if overdone, use this explosive stuff with care.

PS

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"