View Single Post
(#1)
Old
Deleted

Default Money realisation - 13-04-2011, 12:28 PM

I've been thinking this morning about money. For a good few years, I've been adamant that I want to be rich, loaded with dollar.

But thats NOT what I want. Money can give a lavish lifestyle, yeah, but I'd still want more.

I have a steady job, I earn like £900 a month. My debts I had will be paid off in a couple months. I live with my parents. I'm 20 years old (21 in July).

In June, I will have a HND in electrical.electronic engineering. My employer wants to let me do the final year of a degree in Business and Management in September for a year or two.

My employer has paid for all my education. I work in an internal sales office for a manufacturing business. We manufacture interconnect solutions for miltary and aerospace businesses.

But I just keep thinking to myself, IT FUCKING SUCKS. Nobody gets pay rises when asking for them, we just have to wait for the october pay review (in which case, I want more than fucking 13.5k a year this october!)

I hate the idea of working 9 - 5 5 days a week, all year round, just to make ends meet. My dream has always been to own my own place, have a hot tub, and not have to go out to work every day. I want to work from home doing something, but I have no idea what. This is what frustrates me.

I don't really know what this post is about, I'm trying to figure out what I want in life. I can't be fucking arsed with a 100k mortgage round my neck for the rest of my life.

I've looked at Saudi jobs, and others in middle east in things like project management, but they always want like 5 - 10 years experience in that relevant field, plus usually a degree in something.

I'm just curious if anyone else has been stuck at some kind of cross roads, but not knowing what their possibilities are or could be?

I enjoy technology, computers, building websites. I'd love to like, own my own ISP, like virgin media but different, and things like that. Possibly Niche networking, but I just don't know. Plus I don't have any savings to startup anything.