View Single Post
(#2)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 03-04-2011, 07:00 PM

I never got married thinking it would fail, I'm always optimistic. So pre-nup was not in my agenda when I tied the knot 14 years ago. To be honest, I never even heard that word. But even if i did and it was rampant then, I would still not sign a pre-nup. It never came into the equation. I think it is really depends on the girl. My ex-wife was my best friend. I knew her in and out. So I never thought she would screw me financially. Rolled forward 10 years later, we got divorced but I was right about her! She didnt screw me financially. She didnt touch my pension. She had 60% of the house equity in return. I still manage to buy my own place and my own car and still able to go out socially. I pay maintenance for my 3 kids and as far I know, I havent met any dad who pays more maintenance than what I pay for each one of them. But I know the money is for them directly for now and for the future. But I know many other divorced men who are not as lucky as I am. Some are in financial ruins. Depressed. Etc. Dont think anyone can tell you what to do and what not to do, certainly not in a forum like this....!!!

----------------------
I am LeGeNd...
The Following User Says Thank You to legend For This Useful Post:
PostScript (03-04-2011)