Thread: Dominance
View Single Post
(#16)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 26-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Cool. I'm interested to read more on this.

My base view, so you can see where I am coming from, is in order to x you need to believe that you can x. If you don't think you are the boss and somebody else decides they are the boss, what happens next? They are the boss. You agree with me on this one, Jay.
No, I know I agree with you on it, in part at the very least. I know that the boss can only ever be the person who chooses to compete to be the boss. Someone who doesn't compete in order to be the boss in a situation obviously won't be, the person that steps up will always be the one who takes lead.

That said one can also be the boss when there is no competition, in fact, it's not necessary to have that attitude unless in situations where someone is trying to exert dominance over another person.

If nobody is attempting to usurp dominance from you then it's actually unnecessary to act dominant if you already hold that position.

In that sense, one doesn't have to act the boss in order to be the boss, he can effectively fall into the role by having it handed to him.

But yes, he who takes charge will always be in charge over someone who does not.

Quote:
Had you forgotten to consider the Kruder and Dorfmeister effect when you wrote that?
Also known as the oontz oontz effect?

Also, have you missed my message K? I emailed you but it hit a "could not send" error multiple times so I messaged you here instead.