View Single Post
(#8)
Old

Default 06-07-2009, 07:55 AM

I agree 100% with kowalski. We must get away from being labeled as PUAs, the term has many negative connotations.

Guys, I know learning all this stuff is great and exciting especially when we see the results of what we are able to achieve once we start to acquire some basic skills but STOP SHOUTING ABOUT IT TO ALL AND SUNDRY.

PUA skills for men is a bit like make up is for women. let me explain, women know how to dress and look so that they make us men turn our heads, make a pulse start to race, make us "attracted" to them, or for want of a better term , to turn us on. All this they can do with clothes, make up, body language etc. Us men can not do this as easily because a) we are not taught how to do it and b) female attraction does not work in the same way.

So what the PUA community does a) learn the skills how to turn women on an b) understand female attraction. We are just learning how to press the buttons in women so that we do to them what they instintivley know how to do to us. Neither of these is a bad thing. Hey women actually WANT to be around the mPUAs. they make them feel good.

the thing is that we operate in the wider world and the wider world's perception of what we do is not a positive one. over time it will change. At the moment we are the trailblazers.

Calling what we do "Social Awareness" is exactly what we do.

Last edited by Avon; 06-07-2009 at 08:05 AM.