View Single Post
(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 24-03-2011, 05:01 PM

For me, the very knowledge that my own level of self-efficacy was likely affecting my behaviour and performance was enough for me to look past my self-limiting beliefs. I felt more determined to push past it.

I should have included this in the original post but If I try and break down the parts of the theory in relation to pick up, I see it like this.

I was in a position where I had very little past performance accomplishments so was determined to get some. Whether you look at this from a sporting or PU point of view, people with high self-efficacy all started out at the bottom and over time after continued practice would have gained more and more of these. So I pushed myself to just approach way more every time I went out. This is similar stuff to what Tyler calls reference points I think in the blueprint, the more you have the more confident you get.

I look at vicarious experiences as having possible positive and negative effects. If you are comparing yourself to others for the right reasons, e.g. looking at what other people are having success from and applying it to yourself in the right areas then its all well and good. If however you are comparing yourself to others and making negative judgments about your own ability to achieve the same success as a result then its potentially a bad thing. (See my sig for my outlook on this type of mindset).

As far as verbal persuasion and physiological information go, I think Tyler covers this again in the blueprint when he talks about 'state'. I would recommend you watch it as he puts it way better words than I could.

But like I said at the beginning the very knowledge of these things possibly affecting me was enough for me to look at things objectively and decide to make a commitment to improve my confidence in any way I could. From Paul McKenna hypnosis stuff to just continuing to practice, I definitely feel a more confident person now in all areas of life!

Whistleblower

'The race is long, and in the end, it is only with yourself'
The Following User Says Thank You to whistleblower For This Useful Post:
PostScript (24-03-2011)