Thread: Depression
View Single Post
(#18)
Old

Default 22-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the post. I've been battling depression most of my life. I quit my job late last year as I wanted to put all my efforts into dealing with the situation once and for all. Depression has left me socially isolated to a great extent which makes it really hard for me to connect with just about anybody, let alone women. Example: in three years of drinking at my local I still don't really know anybody all that well; in 3 months my brother was on first name terms with just about everybody there and banged the landlady. (Then he stopped going because she turned out to be one of those emotionally unstable freakazoids.)

In recent years things have slowly started to turn around. I have some good, close friends now, although I can't see them very regularly which means I tend to go out by myself more often than not. One of the reasons I joined this forum was to try an establish a social network where I could actually go out regular, approach women but also talk about pick up and what it means to people and what works/doesn't work etc.

I was on citalopram for about 4 months but I junked it as I felt it wasn't helping me. If only the powers that be threw as much resources into mental health as physical the world would be a happier place. My doctor has been falling over himself to check a blip in my bloodwork that he says is almost certainly nothing, yet I am now into week 16 of waiting to get involved in my second round of CBT (the first being finished up when the money ran out, just when I was starting to make real progress).

Maybe I could try harder but nobody could accuse me of not trying at all. It's always difficult to stick something out when positive results are slow to come by.