Thread: Enlightenment
View Single Post
(#4)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 17-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostScript View Post
Anyone had any “quasi spiritual” experiences, be it assisted on drugs or otherwise? If so, what was it like, and what perceptual conclusions do you draw from it?
Had a bunch from drugs and some from reading stuff and thinking about it a bit more. Really used to buy into that whole 'enlightenment' bollocks up until a few months ago. For me any kind of enlightenment/satori whatever you wanna call it is just a state or a high and like any state its impermanent and like any high it comes with the inevitable lows. With them your always searching for the next big secret to reveal itself to you or you find yourself searching for the next guru to kiss arse when really everything you ever need to know is in you!

Your here right now living life and thats all you need to do. Who cares if you fuck 2000 women, have kids, become a millionnaire, get super rich and own a speedboat. In 1000 years no one will remember you, and if they do your long dead so what difference does it make.

Quote:
In March 2007, I had a profound experience, if only for a fortnight or so. I don’t understand it, I can’t recreate it, it didn't fix anything in the longterm, it’s not rational and sounds idiotic, yet it still cuts deep with me years later. Some kind of shift occurred, the depression was gone, I…understood. It remains the most stunning thing that has ever happened to me.
I dont think theres anything wrong with this kind of thing dude, just dont dwell on it too much and definitley dont consider it 'enlightening'. You were in a bad place and managed to get yourself out of it somehow, massive props to you dude, pat yourself on the back and carry on with your life.

Quote:
Now I consider myself a rational, atheist, even cynically analytical kinda guy
Just consider yourself a guy and leave it at that.

Quote:
Tolle talks about it, Tyler even talks about it toward the end of the Blueprint I notice.
Theres much much much cooler people that talk about it much better too man.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phenom For This Useful Post:
chops147 (30-03-2011), PostScript (18-03-2011)