Thread: Depression
View Single Post
(#5)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 15-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanks for your honesty Blanca, it's a big and difficult topic to talk about. I tried to be respectful of the accepted view on brain chemistry and drugs, but I'm still cynical about it. There are people out there who have benefited greatly, but also a lot of stories of low efficacy and constant pill popping and other effects, one of which in my family. From a diet and exercise point of view, it's the finer points and a lot of the refinements are counter intuitive. For example, more meat and unprocessed clean saturated fat can help, contrary to normal dietary advice. Good quality fish oil high in EPA/DHA can help. Cutting out all grains (bread/pasta/rice) can help. Cutting out all the obvious crap and stimulants can help. Obviously plenty of veg and seasonal fruit. On exercise, I agree this can make it worse, in my experience, much worse. I'd just advocate getting outside and walking in the fresh air, getting in what little vitamin D from the sun that we can get in this country. Hitting the weights and treadmill could be a big mistake I couldn't agree more, depends on the person.

PS

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"