Thread: Depression
View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Depression - 15-03-2011, 07:18 PM

How prevalent is depression in the seduction community, do you think?

It’s obvious what the driving factors are likely to be in anyone with social problems that induce loneliness or frustration in this area of life. For me, I’ve had mood problems on and off for years. The catalyst is usually stress, such as particularly busy business times, or attempts at personal change.

The medical community is a little frustrating here. The accepted theory, if you can call it that, is one of chemical brain imbalance treated by drugs. Don’t get me wrong, if you’re in a deep hole and have to get out, take the drugs. I’ve resisted thus far although I’ve nearly gone down that route a couple of times in the last year or so.

Those of you who have had difficulty with this will implicitly understand what it can do to you mentally, physically and emotionally, but it’s a difficult thing to describe to others. No amount of “just snap out of it” type advice, will work.

If you’re reading this and have this problem, sort out your nutrition, get hydrated, get to bed early, get outside for an hour a day at least, lower stressors in your life…these little things can all add up. I don’t have all the answers, but these things alone have helped me thus far.

PS

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"