Thread: Race and DHV
View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Race and DHV - 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM

Can of worms...here we come...

I'm olive skinned (think David Blaine coloured). I have this ability to kinda look like I'm from a whole load of different places. Growing up I had a bunch of hang ups about it. And I used to resent the way in which girls would want to know where my parents were from so they could slot me into some kinda of 'social/cultural box' accordingly.

Since then I've dated/bedded Girls that were among other things:

English/Spainish/French/Norwegian/German/Black English/ Brazil/Irish/American/Belgian/Indian/Russian/Chinese/Greek/Mixed race.

I tend to go down better with foreign girls in London.

Though my significant exs have been English (x2) and a Beligian. Oh and I tend to prefer blondes.

I started getting into the habit of asking the girl I'm speaking to where she thought I looked like I am from ethnically(early into a pick up). And over the years I've noticed some interesting patterns...

And this is gonna be highly controversial, but imo some 'guesses' seem to consistently turn out to be IOIs, while others consistently seem to be a sign that the girl I'm speaking to isn't attracted/interested in me.

IOI countries:
-Greek/Cyp
-Spainish
-Italian
-Turkey
-South/Latin America

I think men from these countries/races must tap into certain seduction/romance/sexual archtypes? And usually if a girl guesses I'm from one of these it usually means she's sees my 'exotic' appearance entirely in a posetive light.

Neutral countries:
-Arab
-Mid East

This seems to cut both ways. I think girls that guess I'm arab as a posetive seem to always be making assumptions about my material wealth/'security based' attraction value as a result of my ethnic appearance (and my designer labels or whatever). When it's a negative I figure it has something to do with the assumption that I'm muslim/misgynisitic/sexually repressed/airport bombing demcrocy hater or whatever other negative anti-arab stereotypes some people out there ascribe to?

Indicators of disinterest:
-Indian
-Pakistan
-Algeria

At the risk of offending anyone, in my experience if a (non asian) girl guesses that I'm indian or Pakistan it's almost always (99% of cases) proved to be a sign that she's not interested in me sexually. I don't know why, but you asian guys seem have a really bad rep with non-asian women atleast in london?

Again this is just a pattern I've noticed no offence intended.

And before anyone mentions 'limiting beliefs' I don't believe the issue of race is one of these. But rather that it's a double edged sword which can create instant higher or lower value. Some girls simply don't/won't even consider men of a different race (and in the extreme cases no amount of game will ever reverse that).

And further more I don't think said girls are nessarily 'racist'. In fact I've dated and slept with the occasional 'reverse racist'...An white english ex of mine used to openly say stuff like 'white men aren't attractive. Not to me.'

So it's all very complicated. It's not that black and white (pardon the awful pun). I think we all have a predispostions to PRE JUDGE all sorts of different people both posetively and negatively as a result of a load of external superfical factors (one of which is race)....

I don't want to offend anyone with this post, but rather to open up a discussion on how you guys feel that ethnicity/race can influence one's attraction value both posetively and negatively, (as I certainly think in my case over the years this has certainly cut both ways for me).

This post is entirely based on assumptions drawn from my own PERSONAL experiences (primarly in London). I'm just wondering what you guys might make of them?

And what experiences you guys have had either as a guy from an exotic/ethnic minority or as a white english bloke overseas or anything else inbetween...

Cheers in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joker For This Useful Post:
Rebus (11-03-2011)