View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 10 Ways to Improve Your Game Without Opening - 09-02-2011, 01:10 PM

This is written mainly for newbies starting out, but could be useful for anyone who has not thought about it. It is not written as an excuse not to open sets, more as some things to do in your day to day to life which will help when you do come to open sets. If any of you disagree or have things to add feel free to chip in.

1) Eye Contact. Start forcing yourself to make eye contact with everyone you meet and walk past. Most people will break before you do and you'll surprise yourself how many people are willing make nice eye contact with you.

2) Kino. Get into a habit of shaking peoples hands, giving out high fives, and touching arms to emphasis points. This can be anyone.

3) Voice Projection. When you see a friend or someone you would normal normally say "Hey, Hows it going" to, practise projecting your voice louder. Use you diaphragm and push out more air. Check after whether you thought it was clear enough, decisive and your pitch was good, pace was right ect.

4) Unleash your awesomeness. See how you can generally make interactions with friends more fun, silly games, ridiculous conversations, impressions, whatever amuses you (not what you think will amuse others). See if you can start directing conversations to be uplifting and positive, it will come in handy and people will warm to you more.

5) Smile. simple really, just start smiling at people all the time, it's contagious.

6) Spark positive conversations. With shopkeepers, bouncers, secretaries anyone you might not normally get chatting to, be bold ask real questions and introduce yourself.

7) Talk to charity fund-raisers. This is amazing fun. Just try it and you'll see what I mean, play about with them, tell them your not interested in giving them money but you'll sit and chat for 10 minutes, they will love it and you can bounce all sorts of weird shit of them. Tell them you'll answer one their questions if they answer one of yours. Also this will put you in great state if you wanna do some daytime game straight after.

8) Say no to negativity. Stop yourself before you say something negative, rephrase it to be positive or just ignore it and think of something else.

9) Dismiss your self criticisms and excuses. Every time time you say to yourself in your head, I can't do this or give yourself an excuse for not doing something. Laugh at it and say "fuck that I'm doing it cos I'm awesome".

10) Stop giving a fuck what anyone thinks of you or might think. It is completely irrelevant and detrimental, only give a shit of what you think of yourself.

Hope this is useful to someone, I've started doing all of these things and I am generally happier, more confident and having a great time. Form these habits and you should see your game improve with rapid pace.

*Just realised this is in the wrong section can someone move, when they get the chance, cheers

Last edited by Breaker; 09-02-2011 at 02:13 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Breaker For This Useful Post:
db x (15-05-2013), DiacDias (19-05-2013), GoodRebel (23-06-2013), nova (15-05-2013)