View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA
Parachute Panic Champion, Mahjong Champion

Default 17-01-2011, 05:24 PM

It's not about what you say, but more about how you say it a lot of the time. Remember that 90% of communication isn't the words that come out of your mouth.

Was speaking with monkeybuster about this the other day and we realised that you never really ask your friends questions. You just talk, debate, discuss, flow. In essence you're trying to learn to be just as comfortable talking to a stranger (whether female or male) as you are chatting with your best friends.

As with all PUA, practice makes perfect but I think that in order to sound genuinely interested, you actually have to BE genuinely interested.

For me, I have a varied and very interesting back story how I've come to be where I am in my life now and can literally drag that out for a hour if I wanted to (not that I ever would). Everyone's done something interesting and worthwhile that demonstrates higher value though, so figure what yours is, and whilst you're asking questions try and lead towards that subject so that you can tell your interesting bit too. You need to be both interesting as well as interested in order to hold conversational attention fully.

Also don't be afraid to blow your own horn every now and again. It's shows that you're proud and comfortable with what you've done in life. Just try not to slip into self-conceited cockyness.

That help at all?

"Can't is the cancer of happen" - Charlie Sheen