View Single Post
(#4)
Old

Default 17-01-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
Not that I'm a PUA hater (as some have suggested) but your problem runs deeper than the techniques and lines you employ. There is no subject or paragraph of lines we can suggest that will solve your problem.

You need to start working on your 'inner game' and towards a goal of being unashamed of who you are and what you enjoy. This way, you can not only ask them about themselves, but talk about yourself and the things you like with a passion that will make the conversation more enjoyable for the both of you.
I agree to an extent, my inner game has improved loads though and I am nearly secure in myself as a person. Part of the problem I think was I wouldn't give long answers so the chat ground to a halt. I'd just like reply if people asked me questions with something really short (i was really shy) so there was nothing to like talk abouit from that. Also I didn't really have any hobbies but I am getting some so that's improving, I just wanted more sort of ways to improve this but thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB
Everyone loves talking about one thing, themselves. As questions and relate. For example

So, what do you do?
- she responds
How did you get into that, what's the story?
- she responds
Is that similar what to your parents do?
- she responds

If you're asking questions and are genuinely interested she'll generally be positively responsive.

That said, a lot of time it depends on the time and place. If I'm in the gym, I'll talk about gym stuff. If I've just played a gig I'll talk about music. If I'm in a bar I'll talk about plans for the night.

Find a wing and improv conversations. We used to do it when I worked in sales and it massively helps you think on your feet.
Thanks, that's great! Can you give me advice on having more genuinkly interesting questions and not sounding like a job interview lol