View Single Post
(#20)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 09-12-2010, 11:25 AM

Here is a review of the book Sperm Wars upon, which much PU theory is based; in particular David D'Angelo and Sinn in Magic Bullets talk about dual mating THEORY which claims that women search for both a lover and a provider and that you do not want to fall into the provider category:

Sperm Wars

Baker certainly opened my eyes to many of the instinctive and difficult-to-understand reasons about why we have sex and with whom. There are some fascinating revelations here. But, as other readers have noted, not much is backed up by data. In fact, a lot of it seems like pure speculation, though Baker presents his theories as "conclusions." He basically holds that our conscious minds have nothing to do with our sexual behavior. Our bodies make all the decisions for us. Baker would have us believe that women are biologically programmed to be conniving sluts and men their unwitting, but horny victims. He notes that up to ten percent of babies are not the children of the husband or long-term partner of the mother, and then he dwells on all the cheating men and women. What about the vast majority of both women and men who remain monogamous during marriage? They really don't get mentioned in the book. In fact, almost all the examples of sexual behavior in the book focus on MINORITY behavior.
The book is not a waste; I would highly recommend it, but readers should be critical. There is no doubt a lot of truth here, but I felt like Baker did not provide enough evidence to back up his theories.
The Following User Says Thank You to Midas touch For This Useful Post:
Blusher (09-12-2010)