View Single Post
(#17)
Old

Default 06-12-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebus View Post
IMO if you're in a high-energy high-confidence mood..... direct comes into play as an option

I don't think direct works when you're in a lower-energy more... introspective... mood

Clever shit would be to control your mood to quickly "force" you into that high-energy high-confidence mood for direct sexual talk even when you are in a lower-energy introspective mood

that sounds a bit off then, pursuing someone who has a live-in partner... if she can't stand him, and there's not crappy co-ownership over the property, then she would have moved out! Surely?
Experience thaught me that if you want to 'control' your mood in any kind of way, you first have to embrace it and let go of inner talk injunctions such as : "now, get in a GOOD mood, RIGHT NOW!"

It doesn't work so well as we tend to resist these self-inflicted orders. It's like an external force (your boss, your parents, a cop or whatever)

For those of you who are versed into NLP: Resistance is due to lack of rapport. Rings a bell? Well, it applies to your inner-self as well.

Instead, having different way of doing things for different moods and circumstances is a good way to go about it.

Personnally, I get a kick out of doing direct game on the street. It somehow serendipitous and magic for girls when it flows naturally. They feel like they just walked into a real-life romantic comedy and they sure want to see the rest of the movie.

Indirect works just as well and gives you more time to calibrate. Some guys think it is easier but I'm not convince as it can get tricky for newbies to transition from asking the way to the next bus stop to inviting a girl out for cocktails. In this case, the trap is to think: 'I'm going to go under the radar, she won't even know I'm hitting on her.' Everytime you try to conceal your intentions or deliberately lie about them, then you're mostly lying to yourself and you end up giving off a rather creepy vibe.

Which is why direct game done by beginners is certainly more intrusive but less 'creepy' and yields better results.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blusher For This Useful Post:
Rebus (06-12-2010)