View Single Post
(#16)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 24-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piers147 View Post
That tactic can work. But the reason it's not advisable is it puts you in the provider category. Which means they with-hold sex. As opposed to being totally into your cock. also they may have affairs with bad-boys when you're looking after the kids.
Hmmm... read that in David D'Angelo's double your dating yesterday... (kind of sounds like pop science) I will ask my mate if he was made to wait.

Nothing wrong with being a provider but you certainly wouldn't want no hanky panky going on behind your back. He's quite an alpha guy though; he plays rugby, dominates social frames, but he's just a good guy and wants a family.

That's the problem with this pop science at times; they want to put us all into nice convenient boxes that fit in with their theories. They take a bit of fact and run with it. And they love talking about sex scandal because in today's sex and the city generation that's what sells. I'd say some of it is based on truth, although I'd tend to take it with a pinch of salt.

I don't wholly buy into the women marrying providers and getting impregnated by Alphas theory. I'm sure it can happen, but not as much as the authors of books like Sperm Wars would like us to think. My mum married my dad who was the typical bad boy and never provided a thing. Just think of the people you know.

It's good to be aware of these possibilities but at the same time I think they are making us paranoid. In some cases, when a woman has an affair, it is actually with a man who is LESS dominant than her husband, because she is feeling badly treated or starved for affection.

Sometimes, I think women hold back the sex to show their next potential bf/husband that they are able to exercise constraint and so can be trusted with pregnancy. Catholic girls hold back because they have been socially conditioned to do so. Personally, I like to have sex as soon as possible, but then again; a girl that has had sex with me 3 hours after meeting me: how much can I trust her?

I don't believe it is as simple as an easy reading pop science book that can be bought on the shelf in an airport shop. I take these things on-board (excuse the pun), but I am certainly not about to allow myself to become brainwashed by them.

Last edited by Midas touch; 24-11-2010 at 11:27 PM.