View Single Post
(#19)
Old
MASTER PUA

Talking Progress! - 20-09-2010, 10:28 PM

So, it's been a while since I created a report. Mainly the reason is because I hit a lull in my PU; not going out much, working too hard, etc. nothing to write home about... I'm sure we all do it from time to time.

The main thing is that I tried to do as much as I could; if I was out and about and chatting to a lovely lady the charm just seemed to be turn on. Nice! Why is this? My theory was PU is becoming a part of me, rather than some alter ego that I hide away in a cupboard hidden only to wear out on a weekend. For me, this is important. Strengthening the pulling muscles I already have rather than replacing myself with a fake stunt double.... ultimately, I see this a change within myself rather than a change of the myself; Good!

I was getting frustrated though. I felt like I wasn't going out enough. My belief is that 90% of PU is putting yourself out there; So I moved to Bristol. I was looking for a flat at the time and BCB (hello mate!) decided that he was looking for a flat too. The best part is that we found a flat slap bang in the centre of Bristol! Cha-ching!

I've been out every single night in the last week and I can honestly say I'm having a right laugh. If I can look back at when I started I've come on a load! I notice that my approaches have become more confident, I can hold a conversation better and I'm getting more numbers than ever! Mainly due the fact that I'm now living and breathing PU. Here are a few things I've learnt along the way:

Have fun! - That should be the sole reason you go out! It bugs me standing in a group other guys and you can see them dancing whilst looking round all over the place looking for girls to chat up. If you're doing that, you're not truly in the moment of having fun! Let it go... have a laugh and notice the girls more naturally. The main side effect of having fun is you'll find the girls will come to you. I found this strange at first.... I'll be dancing and smiling, laughing with my mates and the next thing I know, I'm surrounded by girls! (obviously this PU stuff becomes 100x easier if they come to you right?) It's seems the simple fact that you're giving out a good vibe attracts the people around you. But I'm not gonna get all 'The Secret' on you... but try it for yourself; you'll see what I mean.

Chatting to girls is the best way to become good at chatting to girls - There's a similar concept in Judo... the best exercise in to learn Judo is Judo... That's it really. Just do it. Don't fuck about, just chat. Nothing else but chat... honestly, i've been so surprised that open people are! More people have chatted to me than I initially thought. The one thing I took from the Blueprint is that, actually, I am worth speaking too! More and more, my mindset is changing to believe that if someone blows me out, then its more a problem with them! I'm not going to take it personally, because I know I am a good, nice, honest, interesting guy. So if anyone is rude enough to not give me the minimum respect a human being deserves, then thats not a person I want to know. (This is my belief for any relationship; business, family, PU.)

DON'T MISTAKE ACTION FOR PROGRESS - Keep pushing your boundaries - Don't stop moving forward. Do the things that scare you. For me, there are still some approaches / situations I still feel uncomfortable with. I've realised (for me) that on the other-side of pain, on the other-side on the uncomfortable situation, is the growth I'm looking for. The growth that will stretch my limited beliefs beyond what I initially thought was comprehendible. There's no way round it. Only straight through the middle. Usually the observation of that uncomfortable situation is a lot worse than actually going through it. So jump straight into the middle, suck it in and learn to feel comfortable with being uncomfortable. Also there is no ONE-SIZE FITS ALL OPENER - On the flip side, there is nothing wrong with that type of opener. There's only the right opener for that situation. I've battled with my own consciousness to decide which is better, my canned openers or my natural 'Hello' opener. But I realised that both are good as each other... like I said before, at the right time and place. What we need to avoid though is that we become inflexible with how we being our conversation; I've seen guys fall into the trap of opening with the same line over and over and over... not good... you're not assessing the situation properly.

Also, heres few other things I've noticed about PUA (and traps I've fallen into along the way)

Don't sit there all night an talk PU.... Just DO PU!!! I've seen people sit for 2 - 3 hours talking about PU this, PU that.... Zzzz. Seriously, talking about it is not doing it. So scrap the chat and crack on! If your out to do PU.... then get on with it,
Don't mistake mentoring as progress, especially if you have barriers to jump over yourself - Yes its a lot of fun, but if you do it too much it's usually a distraction from making progress yourself. Stop hiding behind other people and crack on!
Always be talking to people! It helps because; 1) You'll meet people 2) It's self-perpetuating... the more you talk to, the more people talk to you.

There's so much more I've learnt. But there is soooo much more I have to learn... One thing I do know, is that I'm in the right place to get good at this! Slap bang in the middle of the party!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monkeybuster For This Useful Post:
Blanca (21-09-2010), BritishPakistani (21-09-2010), CovertOperation (20-09-2010), Mann (21-09-2010)