Thread: What to wear??
View Single Post
(#23)
Old
Othello Champion

Send a message via MSN to johnnyboyleeds
Default 10-09-2010, 07:39 PM

My kids are old enough that I can do cool stuff with them. One thing though, especially valued by my daughter, is art and craft stuff.

So building dens, painting, cuttin & sticking and massive pirate ships aside, we've found that getting plain t-shirts, cutting stencils and usin fabric pain to do our own designs is fun. It all started when I got some of that pain off ebay that changes with body heat.

Primark T-shirts are £2 (though not the best shape, I'm still shopping around) but with a few hours fun at the weekends, me and the kids are gradually making ourselves a new wardrobe LOL. we've even began 'decorating' our jeans.

I just got an airbrush and this works especially well because the paint doesn't run under the stencil.

Some designs are shite (£2 - who cares), but a few have been pretty decent and I wear a couple out sometimes.

Obviously they are indivdual and I suppose individuality and having the guts to wear them has to give value a bit like peacocking, but it feels like a 'more wholesome' value than furry hats & scarves etc and it's something I have fun doing with the brats.

To be honest you forget you are wearing them, but you do get the odd comment like whre did you get it etc. It's a nice thing to talk about - unless the girl really is a youngster and the kids thing puts them off.

While they can be really sexy, I find that the young ones tend to spoil it for me when they open their mouth to speak anyway so I don't mind burning a couple of bridges. If I like her I just don't mention it straight away.

While I'm not going to post pics and get criticism off people who'll pick faults instead of appreciating the idea (also as theyare individual, I don't want picks identifying me as being a member of the forum to outsiders really), if anyone is interested in it or if you want tips to have a go yourself, PM me.