Thread: What to wear??
View Single Post
(#21)
Old

Default 10-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Ok so here's me..

An average Joe entering the PUA world finally wakes up to the fact that, although a nice fitting shirt and pair of jeans looks smart, it's absolutely boring. Not only this but all the other guys around you look exactly the same.

My first decision was to buy accessories. Apparently these indicate confidence and help you stand out a little. So I go to my local shopping centre and browse the cheap costume jewellery, you know the stuff, beaded necklaces, chains with crosses and dog tags, bracelets etc. I must have tried on almost everything while thinking "na this isn't me" or "do I really need to buy this". not to mention I was completely self conscious that people where looking at me trying it on and thinking "why is that old git trying to look young" (which was all in my head). Anyway while I'm out I buy a couple of tightish fitting tops, a pretty cool leather jacket (that didn't cost that much) and a couple of pairs of jeans with rips in the front and faded etc.

I was looking forward to getting home to try this stuff on in the privacy of my own home but at the same time I was thinking "I've just spent all that money on shit that's going to make me look like a party clown".

So I get home, pull on the tight top "hmm that shows a few nice curves" put on the handmade silver ring and black beaded necklace "ok wow that's looking pretty cool" change my jeans over, slap on about 6 different bracelets then another necklace with a cross and wings on. "dude you're looking good!!" by the time I slid my new leather jacket on I was a new man. It was as if something clicked inside me and this new man staring back at me was shouting how boring my old self really was. For about an hour I was posing in front of the mirror trying on different stuff and practising lines etc.

A couple of nights later I went out and instantly felt more confident due to my new look. I don't know if it was the clothes or my new found energy that was attracting attention from the sets, maybe it was a bit of both, but I now love buying new clothes and accessories to wear when going out, not only to pull, but just going out with my friends has had a big impact.

What I wear isn't outlandish or attention getting, I'd say it was just a bit more... interesting.