Thread: oneitis
View Single Post
(#9)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 08-09-2010, 09:48 PM

But is telling your ex where to go really going to resolve your own feelings for her? Burn all the bridges you want - oneitis isn't a condition based on anything that exists, did exists, could exist or doesn't exist between the two of you. Its a condition developed through your own feelings for a girl. Whether or not the girl reciprocates those feelings makes very little difference - oneitis is based on how you feel, not on how she feels.

I've had oneitis several times. That feeling that there is only one girl in the world for you, and that you are powerless to control your feelings for her.

And in my experience, there is only one cure: time. You need to give it time, see other women, get with other women, and gradually your mental ties to this girl will loosen, and perhaps eventually break away altogether. Its not quick, its not easy, there is no silver bullet. You hear people saying 'the way to get over one girl is to sleep with ten other girls.' I can see some sense in that, but it still takes time and a bit of water under the bridge before you're really over her.

I don't think telling her anything will do much at all. These are your feelings - take responsibility for them.

Also, Phil, what you said to Roody was unfair. If you don't agree with him, fine. But don't bring it down to calling names.

Roody - I love you and miss you! Come visit soon

Just get on with it please