View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default how do I avoid being seen as the "provider/wallet" AND not a cheapskate? - 01-05-2009, 11:04 AM

I am slowly getting over this but in the past I have always felt that I should do the buying.

It is obvious from the way I come across that I am not poor. I do not go out of my way to advertise that I am wealthy (I am not) but I do not come across as someone who is hard up. Just as some background I do not wear "label" (D&G, Armani etc etc) but it is clear that my clothing is quality material.

I have always been at a bit of a loss of what to do when inviting a chick for a drink or a coffee on how to handle it.

Any advice?

Last week I met a HB8 and we went for coffee, when it came to paying I just paid for my own and after a short silence she paid for hers, no issues at all.

Then on another occasion I bounced a chick to a bar and we went for one drink and I gave her some money and asked her to get me what ever she was having. She then gave me my change. Next time I think she should buy the first round but how can I mention the subject without it being an issue?

I need to say something like, "I got the last round so this one is on you". I have no doubt that she will buy the drinks but I just want some advice on how to broach the subject.

many thanks people.

Avon