Thread: 19/08:
View Single Post
(#2)
Old

Default 21-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
19/08

Tonight I went out and tried to run work on two things. Direct approaches and state. The good news [remembering the issue I had in my last report] is that I didn't suffer from any dicks or AMoGs, and a fair few men were involved in the sets I approached! Success!

State
I wrote myself a description of all the things I want to be:
"I am fun-loving"
"I am approachable" etc

Before I went out I read these in a private place loudly, clearly, and with confidence. I hoped this would help with the so called vibes I give off while in set. The problem is that these descriptions would jump from my head as soon as I entered set, reducing me to my worse self.

I had all these things written on a sheet in my back pocket, so I went to the toilet, and while in there mumbled the list out again, and it helped get me back into the right state. Once again, this was short lived when I got back into the club proper. How frustrating!
Since no one's commented on this yet I though I'd have a go.

Congrats, sounds like you're making good progress!!

Personally I don't agree with this affirmation stuff. What works a lot better (for me at least) is just trying to be myself all the time and acting like that all the time - so then when you go out you're just like that anyway. I.e. I find that if I'm meeting lots of people at work and having a laugh with everyone when I go out I naturally act like that with girls. However, If I've been really busy and not really spoken to anyone all day and felt a bit down then reading affirmation or whatever wouldn't suddenly make me like that. On the other hand, on the occasions when I feel a bit low energy etc. I find stuff like yelling, shouting, dancing around before I go out much more effective at getting me in the right state of mind.

That's my opinion anyway, If anyone anyone has actually had long term sustainable success with the affirmation stuff then feel free to prove me wrong!

As a side note when you are in state and doing well I think you naturally think positive things about yourself in your head - but it's more of a positive effect rather than a cause.

Mann.

Anything is possible. Just do it.

Life is what happens while we're busy making other plans.