Thread: 19/08:
View Single Post
(#1)
Old
Tetris Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion

Default 19/08: - 19-08-2010, 12:58 AM

19/08

Tonight I went out and tried to run work on two things. Direct approaches and state. The good news [remembering the issue I had in my last report] is that I didn't suffer from any dicks or AMoGs, and a fair few men were involved in the sets I approached! Success!

State
I wrote myself a description of all the things I want to be:
"I am fun-loving"
"I am approachable" etc

Before I went out I read these in a private place loudly, clearly, and with confidence. I hoped this would help with the so called vibes I give off while in set. The problem is that these descriptions would jump from my head as soon as I entered set, reducing me to my worse self.

I had all these things written on a sheet in my back pocket, so I went to the toilet, and while in there mumbled the list out again, and it helped get me back into the right state. Once again, this was short lived when I got back into the club proper. How frustrating!

Direct Approach
After reading Tebbs' brief report on direct game I thought it would help make me seem more sincere to try it. So a redhead approaches the bar next to me.

Quote:
Me: You're pretty cute, what's up?
HB: Cute? I don't get that a lot.
Me: Well, you heard me.
HB: Is it 'cause I'm quite short?
Me: No, I just think you're cute. *Pause* Okay, group of girls out for a good time, you're headed to.... Digital! (A club in my town)
HB: Oh I don't know actually! *She turns to her friends and they talk for a moment. After this point I get no positive body language, she turns away whenever she can*
Me: So?
HB: My friends want to go to Coalition or Audio, but yeah, I'd like Digital.
Me: As long as it's not Oceana, that's cool.
HB: God no! Oceana's shit!
Then she starts talking to her friend and my final attempt to get her attention back is barely worth a mention.

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

Later I try a few approaches in the club:

Quote:
Me: You look like a lot of fun! *She was wearing a stewardess outfit*
Me: You're pretty cute.
After a girl bumps into me and started to apologize I said:
Quote:
"Hey no worries, why don't you three dance with us?"
Which resulted in about two minutes of these girls dancing with us before I escalated too quickly and.. well, that set ended.