Thread: Thursday Night
View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default Thursday Night - 30-07-2010, 05:15 AM

Thursday night. A quick trip to Walkabout. Put my learning into practice and admire my success. The plan was simple.
An immediate two set upon arrival. This should get my confidence up. I walk up to them. The cute ones eye contacting me. I try to stay cool on the inside, but I'm excited. My mind freezes. The openers upon openers I had previously pumped into my brain had disappeared, it's simply crucial I do something. I high five her. 'Hi my names Kirsty' she says. I detect an Australian accent. I love Australians, such out going characters. I neg her. 'It's nice to meet you thirsty.' She smiles. She playfully hits me on the shoulder. 'No it's Kirsty.' We both smile. Could it be this easy? Then suddenly the mother hen intrudes. 'Let's get a drink' she shouts. I quickly get my focus and try to introduce myself to the mother hen, she hands out her hand in the way the Queen would do to a peasant. She starts dragging the target, doing the 'this is my bitch' and spooning performance. Has the moment passed. Kirsty promises to come back.
To my surprise she does, and, we begin making small talk, about travelling and how she works on a boat and I begin storytelling about the time I traveled on a boat to Croatia. But her friend constantly interrupts. I neg her. The response is negative. She begins screaming about getting drinks. Kirtsy asks her to get her one. Yes. She's done the isolation for me. We kiss. And upon the friends arrival I have the number and Facebook add. I exit. Job done. My first pick up. Sort of anyway.

But my question is how could I have handled the friend better? Like should I have been dominant, as she was really making things awkward, or just let her stamp her authority? Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks for reading.
M.Foxx
The Following User Says Thank You to M.Foxx For This Useful Post:
maestro (31-07-2010)