View Single Post
(#14)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 22-04-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
I mentions in my 1st post that I do Cardiovascular (CV) Fri - Sun, but forgot to mention that if Im not hangover from the night before I prefer to do my CV first thing in the morning. This excerpt of an article can explain it better than I can why this is the best time for CV:

Carbohydrate (glycogen) is your body's primary and preferred energy source. When your primary fuel source is in short supply, this forces your body to tap into its secondary or reserve energy source; body fat. If you do cardio immediately after eating a meal, you'll still burn fat, but you'll burn less of it because you'll be burning off the carbohydrates you ate first. You always burn a combination of fat and carbohydrate for fuel, but depending on when you exercise, you can burn a greater proportion of fat relative to carbohydrate. If doing cardio first thing in the morning is not an option for you, then the second best time to do it would be immediately after weight training. Lifting weights is anaerobic (carbohydrate-burning) by nature, and therefore depletes muscle glycogen.

Much Success!
Bold.

I do mine after resistance training. Also, give your body a chance to adapt and grow by spacing out your cardio sessions.

Game On.