View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 21-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Great thread. I’ve worked in fitness for years and some old skool mates of mine have just come back from travelling the world coaching on cruise liners so I’ve upped my training from Regular to Spartan and we’re back doin the MMA. Fookin reet busy at the moment, s'the nutz though :]

Some good stuff here, some quick thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1sted View Post
I also try to get 15-20 mins of cardio in 3-4 times a week to lose some excess weight (I'm 14 stone 3)
For weight loss, keep the cardio sessions at the back end of the weights routine as your body will switch from readily available muscular stored glycogen to fat reserves after 20-40mins depending on intensity. This means you get your tightest squeeze out of your sets and are ready to burn fat for cardio. Shredded in no time :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
I work-out for no more than 45 minutes. After which time various chemicals in your body that are required for muscle growth are used up. So any longer than this is counter-productive.
Dunno where you read this. Hormonal mediated muscle growth happens when you're resting/sleeping. If you mean the glucose that you're burning during the session then trainers use a isotonic glucose drink (or jellybabies, footie players swear by em) to extend sessions to 90 minutes. Pro's do this for maximum gain. Again, depends on your requirements.

Also, sups are minefield. Glucosamine is lookin like it promotes insulin resistance from the doses involved and protein drinks are notoriously full of swill. 3 - 6 Eggs in a glass, drunk to Eye of the Tiger for taste, will do.

Meself, I do compound weighted body resistance for any muscle groups I feel like growing and everything else is plyometrics for the MMA.

That and full contact fucking :]

Great to see so many people working out in here, use it or lose it.