View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Fitness & Nutrition - 20-04-2009, 12:23 PM

I am always into sports (mainly footy and badminton) and in the last 2 years have an obsession for weight training, nutrition and taking supplements. I always believe that healthy body gives healthy mind. I have read somewhere too that a fit, muscular body is one of the best ways to peackocking

I will explain my weekly workout routine. It isnt meant to advice anyone how to train and eat, it is just a routine which works best for me:

Training:

I train 4 times a week (Mon - Thurs), normally after work from 4.30pm. It never lasts more than 1.5 hours.

Each consists of 10 minutes of stretching and warming up.

Monday - Chest & Tricep
Tuesday - Shoulder & Abs
Wednesday - Legs (Thighs, Calves)
Thursday - Backs, Arms and Bicep

I normally 3 different exercise for each muscle group (4 sets of 10-12 reps each exercise) but I wont describe each exercise cause it will take too much time and space but it is nothing out of the aordinary, just a classical weight training excercises.

After that, I stretch again and have a shower or if time permitting I spent 15minutes in the steam room (bliss!!)

On Fri - Sun, I will go for a short run (30mins) as my Cardiovascular exercise. Now this is what works best for me and have been doing this for the last 6 months.

Nutrition:

I religiously eat 6 small meals a day. I try to consume between 2500 - 3000calories per day (40/40/20 split - protein/carbs/fat). It works for my weight and what I want to achieve.

First meal (6am) - always oat cereals with skimmed milk (carbs) and a tin of tuna (protein) .

Second meal (9.30am) - Tuna fish, brown bread and flax seeds (1 spoon)

Third meal (12:30pm) - Chicken or Turkey, brown rice and green vegs.

Fourth meal (3.30pm) - Protein shake, pineapple and brown bread (Before training).

Fifth meal (6pm) - Chicken or Turkey, flax seeds (1 spoon), brown rice and green vegs.

Sixth meal (9.30pm) - Protein shake or tuna and brown bread with peanut butter

Suplementation:

I use:

Protein Isolate (shake) - As above

Vitamins (various mainly C, B-6, Q10, Amino acids, etc - ask me if you want a rundown of the vits I take ) - every morning after first meal and with 6pm meals

Flax Seeds Oil (Omega 3 Oil) - As above.

I am by no means an expert BUT this routine, nutrition and supplements work great for me, maybe it will also for some for you if you decide to follow it. It is not meant to be a guideline. There are tons of factors which can make a big deal on your results, body type, your other habbits (drinking, sleeping pattern, diet etc...), but most importantly is that we become aware of the importance of working out and having a healthy lifestyle!

Much Success!

----------------------
I am LeGeNd...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legend For This Useful Post:
Hustler25 (09-10-2009), sapmi (20-04-2009)