Thread: NLP Routine
View Single Post
(#16)
Old
Ping Champion

Default 05-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Derren is an illusionist performing illusions. My dad is a magician and I have seen and had the method described to me for most of the illusions Derren does, but performed without the pretence of using psychological methods. As far as I can see he uses them for presentation and misdirection purposes only.

Peace,

kowalski
Not exactly, you should watch some programs that cover choices, the drawing ones and such. He goes as far as to show exactly how he goes about some of these, implanting exactly what he wants out of them through anchoring and subconscious suggestions.
His live audience acts have followed a similar vein, going as far as to manipulate the viewers watching also, well worth a watch, I can't remember the name of them now unfortunately.

I agree with you on some of his acts, but he does openly explain his methods for all of his tricks, whether by probability, cold reading, illusions or manipulation. His manipulation tricks are the most interesting and relevant here though.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.