View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Eloquence - Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare - 15-04-2009, 04:39 PM

This is a perhaps a bit of a strange thread, but I'd be interested to see what you think.
It was going to be a private message to Kolawski, but I decided to open it up.

Some of you have talked about elegance and grace.

I wonder whether you have thought about becoming super elegant while talking - can this be part of game, or is it an unnecessary distraction?

For me, this is something I will work on, regardless of game. It is an important skill in life, and one which can rapidly make you rapidly stand out.

Essentially, it is about becoming more eloquent, more articulate, and perhaps a bit of a wordsmith.

It’s not very common, and not something I have. Oscar Wilde was apparently very very charming. This is because he had a sharp mind, and was able to use words incredibly well.

Some examples I recommend:

Shakespeare - for the incredible richness of language (Romeo and Juliet; Hamlet...)

Faust Part One – incredible poetic rhyming work – very dark

Oscar Wilde – The Picture of Dorian Grey; The importance of Being Ernest – fast-moving, witty, and very sharp.

(film) Glengarry Glenross – hilarious film about Sales – rich and fast-moving crude dialogue

I’m not aware of anything that helps develop this stuff (like self help), but if I find anything useful I’ll pass it on.

Also in terms of the actual sound of speech. The BBC presenters usually sound incredible – they have worked on their voice (on the radio, they also fluctuate their pitch more).

Cheers

Anthony