Thread: The Secret
View Single Post
(#29)
Old
I don't know who I am anymore

Default 30-05-2010, 11:11 PM

The secret bears all of the hallmarks of classic 'brainwashing' bullshit, much like most religious bullshit: it carries the necessity that you believe it for it to work. If you don't believe in the fairy, then it can't exist. This proves as a great defence against scientific analysis: it failed for you 'cos you didn't believe in it!

There are two reasons for this books success:

1. Calling a product 'the secret', which will make all your dreams come true, but you just have to buy and read it first, is a merketing success. Human curiosity and the endless search for the 'magic bullet' to cure all our problems will sell a product in the millions.

2. Believing, and having faith in the book will actually cause significant improvement in your life, and you probably will experience success. Focusing on your goals, dismissing negativity, and basing each decision you make on how it will help you reach your goals will work. In fact, over the last few years I have done just this and I've been hugely successful in my career. The fact that the book say's this is the universe is almost irrelevant. The only relevant point is that you believe it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Status For This Useful Post:
kowalski (31-05-2010)