View Single Post
(#20)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-05-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone View Post
Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the perception or behavior of others.

Have you ever tried to act more confident around women.
I know what it means no need to paste from Wikipedia, you missed the "... through underhanded, deceptive, or even abusive tactics."
So I don't see how being genuine is manipulation, in fact I'm genuinely baffled you can take that stance.

And yes I try to be more confident around anyone, it's all about improving myself. I may not be there yet but if I can be a more genuine confident person, great! Don't you want that too?

Being confident and expressing my self is not manipulative, in fact it's the opposite. If you're truthful you'll express weaknesses you have and opinions which might not conform to social norms. I just told a group of workmates I bought a book on the Spanish civil war, the old me would have shied away from this in case I seemed geeky but i'm being truthful with them and not manipulating them.

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"

Last edited by Tom; 28-05-2010 at 01:54 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:
kowalski (29-05-2010), nova (28-05-2010)