View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Saturday Day Game - First time - 27-04-2010, 11:00 PM

Sorry for the delay on getting this done but work has been too manic! So:

Saturday

I decided that I would branch out my efforts and try a bit of day game. I managed to get out round about 3-4ish. The night before, Pav and I discussed where the best parts were for day gaming. He said that shopping centres are a bit of a no-go and I tend to agree; Everyone is rushing around, getting whatever they need to do done. And we fancied something a bit more relaxed. So we attempted the Water Front, a few parks and pubs around the place.

Though the sun was waning, it was busy. There were crowds of people scattered around the harbour, so we pitched our flag and bought a couple of drinks. Now, I've never intentional gone out in the day to practice but I had a good feel for it. You have to bring the energy down from the night game, which I found easy. I also wanted to hold true and not sit-around-talking-game all day either.

We moved from bar to harbour to bar intermittently and attempted a few sets but nothing was really working. It's seemed like the softly-softly approach was not working too well as we'd casually start conversation and not really engage.

So Pav (in all his greatness) suggested we get some money involved. We sort of made the rules up as we went along as this was the first time I really played this. Here they are as we played them:

1.£20 in (or whatever! The higher the better!)
2.£5 is given back for every approach.
3.The guy holding the money gets to choose each approach
4.Choosing your own approach doesn't count (as I found out!)
5.The girls you don't approach, the guy holding your money gets it.
6.You have 30 seconds to approach.
7.You can't send someone in to your blown up set (i.e. you man fucks up an approach and he sends you in to mop up – not cool!) Basically, each set has to be with different people.

Now, most people probably wouldn't play this game. But that extra kick up the ass to get your money back will be extra impetus to approach. I find the direct approach can be harder... just because it feels slightly unnatural... well... I mean, different to night game. Most girls are expecting to be approached at some point at night... but day is so much more personal. When I subscribed myself to achieve social awesomeness, I also decided I would do anything to achieve my goal! Even lose money!

I went to get a couple of notes from the cash point, and noticed a couple of girls walking round taking pictures. They were a bit too far and walking away for me to make that approach... but I remembered them for later

We went to grab a bit to eat and Pav pointed my first set out. A couple of dark haired girls sitting outside a bar. The clock started ticking. I was hit by an adrenaline bomb that nearly took me out... but I shut my thoughts off and approached.

[me] “hey there... I was just walking round Bristol trying to get to know where the best places to go are. Are you two from Bristol?”
[girls] (look at each other, then look at me)... “Nno... no hablo ingles...”

Shit! I knew what that meant. I should have taken those Spanish classes! (It was reminded about the time I attempted to chat a Spanish girl up before; After about 5 mins trying to communicate, she just got up and walked away when I was mid-sentence. She left me talking to thin air! Classic blow out! And I wasn't about to do that again!) So I just bombed and didn't even to attempt to converse and walked away with my tail between my legs.

Pav said: “What the hell was that!”. I explained! Still! It earned me a £5! Woo!

Not long after that, I spotted a couple of ladies sitting in the window of a coffee shop. It was a hard approach as they were in crowd of people deep in conversation. Target acquired! I told Pav. He stalled slightly, sucked in the fear and went for it as I held back.

Fair dues to the guy! He blitzed it. I probably would have seriously shit my pants! He got talking to them for a good 5 mins. They were apparently a couple of French girls and were pretty hot! Even though he didn't get their number's, he completed the task. Earned himself some cash back!

It wasn't long before I spotted another couple of girls just sitting down to chill for a bit. So I sent Pav straight in again and this time he was away! Straight in talking to them. After a few minutes he signalled me to come over. We all got chatting and it turned out they were from Poland! Pav obviously had the advantage over me. We chatted for a bit longer; I let Pav lead as it was his play (and could speak their language!). I can't remember if he got their number. Maybe it was a bit too short a time frame ask for it.

We left the set buzzing! As we were discussing what just happened, we decided to get a drink somewhere and I was walking up the road I spotted the couple of girls that were walking around taking pictures. I instantly spun round to Pav and said “My set! Back in a bit” and off I went.

I got talking to these girls for a bit then Pav joined at me. We had these 2 girls in conversation in the middle of the street for at least 10 minutes. It was awesome; Though great socially, it was a little raw on leading anywhere. I'm starting to see where I need to start to escalate. I mentioned that we should all hook up later and go out for something to eat but they initially turned me down... later the one girl said said that she won't mind my number.... Playing the same game, I said, “One minute you don't want it, the next minute you do! But you've had your chance!” - I felt I could have got their numbers but for some reason didn't! I think I let my pride get in the way because they blow me out initially.

I said we'd probably bump into them later on and we would catch up with them then. (We never did!). Either way, it left me feeling elated!

By the time we hit the bar it was getting on, so I called it a night.

Good day! Defo on for when I'm back off holiday (which will be interesting as I'm going on my own – long story!). I'm sure there will be plenty to report!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeybuster For This Useful Post:
Hustler25 (28-04-2010), nova (28-04-2010)