View Single Post
(#5)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 27-03-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
You always gotta stick with your pals if a woman is standing in the way. Woman come and go. I regard loyalty extremely highly, if one of my mates went behind my back to hit on my chick or something to that manner. I would not only break his nose, but break off our friendship altogether.

I think you have gotta have your homies back no matter what. Even if he is acting like a dick. Say for instance he is cheating on his missus. I would lie to his girl for him. At the same time, I would tell him he is out of order. I would hope he takes my advice, but still, no matter what happens I got his back and would cover for him.
This is correct. Each situation is different, and when a 'love triangle' develops all three parties are never on the same terms with regards to the relationships they have. One of you might be closer to the girl, for example, than the other, which can produce a different dynamic.

However I would never jeopardise a friendship for the sake of a girl, and I would not expect friends of mine to put our friendship at risk for the sake of a girl. As Jaz says, girls come and go, and can largely be replaced. However your friends are people you should value higher than your relationship with any girl, and as such they should come first.

Its happened before that I've been interested in a girl, and a 'friend' has come in and gone with her. In that situation, I made my feelings to the 'friend' clear, and we have not been friends since. Even to this day, I do not consider someone who put our friendship at risk for the sake of some girl worth my own time or effort. Once a dog bites once, and all that.

There are nuances and shades of grey. But broadly, I would apply the principle that you should put friends first, and that friends should put you first.

Just get on with it please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CovertOperation For This Useful Post:
Hustler25 (27-03-2010), Simply David (27-03-2010)