View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default Last Night's Report - The Arches, Glasgow - 06-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Here's a report from The Arches nightclub in Glasgow last night:

For those of you who don't know, the Arches is a proper nightclub i.e. you go there for the music as it costs £25 to get in (expensive for Glasgow) so it's not a local meat market type club.

I met with Gmeister from this forum - both of us had never previously met and we were both quite new to the Game, me particularly - in fact I have NEVER went on a night out with the sole aim of chatting up women! We discussed technique in a bar beforehand and Gmeister even did a "warm up" on a Dutch girl who was out with colleagues while in Glasgow to promote the launch of a new fashion store. His warm up was well received as the pretty Dutch girl was quite friendly and open to chatting. We soon left the bar but quickly realised we perhaps missed an opportunity to invite the girl and her friends to the Arches as she was new to town and looking for somewhere to go once the bar closed. Regardless, we were both pleased that we had at least got the game underway.

Next it was my turn and once in the club I opened a quick, friendly, warm up set within my target time of 30 minutes. This went well enough as I kept it nothing more than a bit of a friendly chat to get the wheels in motion so to speak.

As the early part of the night progressed, we both finished our warm up sets and then started hunting around for some more serious game. Both of us put in a good effort throughout the evening but neither of us really got anywhere near the close. I'm fairly convinced this was down to the venue more than anything else: extremely loud, dark, and it wasn't a neutral atmosphere like you would get if approaching a girl in a book shop or similar. Due to these conditions, I found it hard to get past what I like to call the "fact finding stage" i.e. building the rapport and building towards the confirmation and then close.

Overall though, I'm happy that I finally got a bit of game underway but I'm left thinking whether a nightclub is really going to bear any fruit with regards to meeting good women as the conditions just don't seem quite right for it. Maybe that's just me though?